We welcome parents/guardians into St Michael's Academy. There are many opportunities for parents to become involved in the life of the school. Parents' time and expertise can be used in many ways and is greatly valued. Police checks and DBS checks are carried out on all adults who help in school. If you feel you are able to help in any way, please contact your child's class teacher.
The school has very effective links with parents.
In our dealings with parents we have the following principles:
- Parents as Partners - It is believed that children will develop better if parents and teachers work as equal partners. The code of practice highlights the importance of this partnership.
- An 'Open Door' policy. - Parents have 'reasonable access' to the Head Teacher or Deputy Head Teacher at any time with an appointment. Likewise parents have 'reasonable access ' to the teacher of their child.
- Effective communication with all.
- Professionalism - To achieve this, it is important that the teacher remains the focus point for any communication.
We aim to:
- Acknowledge and draw on parental knowledge and expertise in relation to their child.
- Provide support for parents.
- Provide educational advice and practical guidance.
- Present pupil progress in a clear and accessible way.
- Encourage parent participation.
If any concerns arise you are asked to in the first instance attempt to resolve this with the class teacher. If this is not possible the matter should be referred to the Head Teacher.